If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (770) 709-3266

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Proven Tips to Avoid Fire Damage in Lilburn Around the Holidays

11/16/2018 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Proven Tips to Avoid Fire Damage in Lilburn Around the Holidays Candles create a warm festive mood. Stay vigilant when using candles and contact SERVPRO should you have fire damage.

Leaving Candles Lit in Your Lilburn Home Unattended Can Cause Fire Damage

During the fall season, it may be tempting to light a lot of candles inside of your home, but leaving them unattended can lead to fire damage. Candles that are lit in your home should always be placed on a flat and open surface, without any drapes nearby. Despite how small the flame is, it can still spread and cause a lot of damage if left alone in an unsafe space.
 
Leaving a candle in your dining room window didn't seem like such a bad idea at the time, but the drapes caught ablaze and caused fire damage inside your Lilburn home. When small fires like this break out, it is still essential for you to call for professional restoration surfaces as soon as you can after the blaze is extinguished. The fire can still cause damage inside your home after it is put out. For example, the longer that you wait to call for help, the more discoloration the soot can cause.
 
Here at SERVPRO, when you contact us, we make an effort to gather the appropriate equipment for the job and then rush to your home. As professionals in the restoration industry, we know how swiftly fire damage can spread. With this knowledge in mind, we always make an effort to get to your home as swiftly as we can.
 
When we arrive at your home, our SERVPRO technicians can get to work straight away. First, we can clean up the bits of burnt scrap leftover by the drapes. After, SERVPRO can get to work cleaning up the scorch marks along your window sill and walls.
 
A common way of tackling staining left by a fire is to use a spray-and-wipe method with a solution made to tackle the specific type of soot that was left behind. Usually, the solution can either be lubricative, meant to lift the grime away from the surface gently, or chemically-based. Once our SERVPRO technicians finish removing the soot from your dining room, we can use thermal foggers to tackle the particles in the air that are responsible for the foul smell fire causes and leave your home feeling like it did before the damage happened.
 
When you find fire damage inside of your home, it is imperative that you call for help immediately. Reach out to SERVPRO of North Lilburn by dialing the number (770) 709-3266. Day or night, our technicians are ready to help you.

Click here for more about Lilburn.

Other News

View Recent Posts